Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stress

In 25 days, my life as I know it will end. Meaning I will be graduating from University and I will no longer be a full time student. Now I'm just one of the thousands of people searching desparately for a job. I have applied to so many different hospitals that i don't even know exactly what the different hospitals have to offer. I'm just throwing my resume everywhere and have not gotten any bites. Stress is a great companion right now in my life. I still know that God is in control and that someday, I will get a job--I just do not like the feeling that I am graduating without any idea of where I am going and therefore, I must go home.

I have spent the last four years at University to avoid the stressful job seeking. Who knew that when I started, the economy would be at an all time low the very year I graduated. God did. I must find comfort in the fact that God knows what is going to happen and that He will take care of me. That is hard to do right now at this very moment, but most of the time I am content with what will happen. Right now, however, all I want to do is cry and sleep until I can wake up and not feel stressed anymore. I think this heat is making me tired. Please keep me in your prayers as I continue to apply and look for jobs. Thanks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am praying that God will give you his "peace that passes all understanding". Remember, His love for you is everlasting. I know that you will find the position that is the best for you for this time in your life. God bless you, Kirstin. Your mother and I love you and are very proud of you.

Love,

Dad

Morgan Jane said...

I'm sorry Kirst! Like you said, God is completly in control, and even though situations (bad economy, lack of jobs) seem bleak, you can definitely rest in that. We're praying for you. Years from now we'll laugh at all the things we worry about now.

And just remember, at least you didn't have to go live with native hostiles because your cousin's husband (whom you tried to kill) killed someone in a fight. Oh Ian. How I love you.

Coltrane said...

God is good, and you have the dream job. One last summer to relax before joining all the fun of the real world...oh goody. We are praying for you and your test this Monday and look forward to seeing you. Hope that all the studying is going well. Love,

Jon