Monday, December 1, 2008

La'chaim--to life (Hebrew). I cannot help but think of the song from Fidler on the Roof when I say the phrase. Why to call a blog la'chaim? I'd have to say because I like phrases better in other languages than English. How original is a blog titled To Life? Not really what I'm looking for! Anyways, I mostly started this blog because I've been meaning to write some experiences down, so here is my chance!

Today in bowling class, I did horribly--the worst three games I have ever thrown! My team still managed to get third overall in the league (all thanks to my partner mostly!), so that is great news! Go X-Mas!

I also have been incressingly amazed at how children think. I nanny 6 year olds and their minds cannot comprehend certain things that I do. For example, they asked me one day if it snowed at my house (I live two miles away, in Southern CA), I answered no, does it snow at your house? NO! They giggled, but one of my roommates had told them that it snowed at her house. Lo and behold, I realized that it does snow at my roommates house--where she grew up! It fasinated me that these children could actually think that snow fell not too far from their own home because they did not understand the concept of moving away. And why would they understand? They are only, after all, six years old!

No comments: