Sunday, December 7, 2008

White Elephant

Yes, 'tis the season for Christmas Parties that include a white elephant gift exchange! I went to my first last night and got--get ready for it--High School Musical socks! No joke--one pair even has a picture of Troy's face that says, "I love Troy!" I shall wear them proudly. Too bad the picture is on the foot so no one else can see them unless I am not wearing shoes. My roommate suggested that I wear them to bowling class and take a VERY long time to put on my shoes! I think that I might just do that. Who knows? Maybe they bring good luck and I will be awesome at bowling tomorrow. Some other great gifts that were given last night: a fake tree, a personal grooming set, a crowbar, a nativity scene with santa looking at the baby Jesus, a picture of one of the people--she signed it herself, and many many others! The party was enjoyed by all!

This picture is one of some of my roommates and I enjoying the Boat Parade--where a lot of boats meander around the harbor showing off their amazing Christmas decorations (sorry that you can't actually see any of the boats in the background...). This has become a tradition with me and my friends, and I can't wait to go see the parade this year!

Other traditions that my family does: having a chocolate advent calendar that counts down the days to Christmas (my mom still buys them for us!), decorating our tree with hot chocolate and Christmas music playing in the background (usually Neil Diamond, Michael W. Smith, and Amy Grant), reading the Christmas story on Christmas morning before opening gifts, having an amazng Christmas breakfast/brunch, and so much more! One more bonus! Only one more week of classes, then finals, then break! Now I just need to finish everything that professors decided to wait until the last week of school to assign...

1 comment:

Brittany Mae said...

High school musical socks?! Gosh I'm jealous...:)

And I love Amy Grant's Christmas cds, I've been listening to them for as long as I can remember!